We are pleased to announce phase one of reopening to showcase the Sessions Gallery. The Cafe, Roof and Attic Galleries will remain closed until phase two.
Due to the Covid 19 crisis we have adapted our entry rules. Arrive at the main entrance to the Museum under the covered Arcade where a member of staff will be waiting to greet you, or you may call for assistance using the video entry panel outside the front door.
Please book your free tickets at https://eventbrite.co.uk/e/visit-abingdon-museum-tickets-112962584130
• Entry times are 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00 your visit will last 30 minutes from scheduled entry time.
• We allow a maximum of 10 visitors entry for each half hour time slot.
• Social distancing rules will apply and a mask must be worn by all visitors for the duration of their visit.
• You will be required to use hand sanitisers on entry and at the end of your visit when exiting the main gallery.
• The Museum is part of the national ‘Track and Trace’ programme, which requires that contact details of visitors be held for 21 days and then deleted. This is a UK wide initiative in the fight against Coronavirus.
The Museum’s permanent collection takes you on a journey through the history of England’s oldest continually inhabited town. From Iron Age Britain’s ‘Abingdon Ware’ pottery, to Roman and Saxon artefacts, we present the shifting phases of a country town in development. The story takes you through the Middle Ages, the changing fortunes of the following centuries and the coming of modern trade, industry and transport. In addition the museum has a programme of changing exhibitions throughout the year, so there is always something new to discover.