Heritage Open Days
The annual Heritage Open Days are held throughout the UK and Europe and are always a popular event in Abingdon. This year’s national HODs theme is “Astounding Inventions” – very relevant to Abingdon – and several of our events will be based around inventions and innovation.
Events – all free – will include:
- Thursday 15 – Sunday 18 September: Exhibition in St Ethelwolds House “Engines, Drains and Nuisances: the Innovative Career of George Winship”
- Friday 16 – Sunday 18 September: Flower Festival in the Abingdon Baptist Church
- Saturday 17 September: various open properties – details on our website
- Saturday 17-Sunday 18 September: Abingdon Workhouse Trail
- Sunday 18 September: Heritage Walks
Programme leaflets* are available from the Information Centre, Museum and Library and participating venues and we will have an information stall on the Market Place on the Saturday and Sunday.
* Two of the events in the leaflet (the STFC exhibition and Classic Car Cavalcade) have been cancelled due to the period of national mourning. All other events will go ahead, with some modifications to ensure an appropriate level of respect.