Winter Wellbeing morning retreat & lunch
A gentle, warming retreat and lunch to see you through to the end of winter
Would you like to show yourself a little more care and attention in 2023?
Do you feel like winter has been dragging on and on?
By February it can feel like the world has been cold and dark for a very long time, and Spring STILL isn’t here. But there are still plenty of small pleasures to be found at this time of year; in nature, good company and warming food.
This morning retreat will help you reconnect with a sense of inner joy and warmth, and you’ll leave feeling more optimistic and hopeful, however cold it might be outside.
Join us in the peaceful surroundings of St Ethelwold’s House and gardens for a gentle morning of mindfulness and reflective activities. We’ll end by enjoying a delicious, warming plant-based lunch together.
All activities will be suitable for beginners, and you don’t have to be able to sit cross-legged on the floor (unless you want to!) We welcome people of all ages, genders and walks of life.
Included in your ticket:
- Guided self-reflection and journaling led by Lynne Davies-Craine
- Meditation and self-compassion practices guided by Sally Harris
- Delicious plant-based lunch and cake from Kate at Down to Earth
- Hot drinks and snacks available throughout
- Time to rest, relax and explore the beautiful gardens at St Ethelwold’s House
Feedback from our last retreat:
- ‘great teachers, great activities, great venue, great vegan food! I’d recommend to a friend and would love to join similar retreats’
- ‘without a doubt I’d recommend to a friend, you make a great double act’
- ‘I think the balance between wellbeing/journaling and mindfulness practice was perfect’
About the venue
St Ethelwold’s House is a beautiful historic building by the River Thames in Abingdon. We’ll have access to their beautiful gardens as well as cosy indoor space in the Garden Room.
About your tutors
Sally Harris is an accredited mindfulness teacher and self-proclaimed winter-lover with a background in mental health support work. She has been leading mindfulness courses since 2017, helping people meet life’s joys and challenges with greater presence, compassion and resilience.
Lynne Davies-Craine is a Life Coaching Practitioner who has over 10 years experience working in the NHS and charitable sectors. She is passionate about helping women create everyday lives that they don’t need to escape from.
Feel free to drop us a line to find out more about the event.