The town council is looking forward to hosting the Mayor’s Over-70s Christmas Party on 20 December 2022 and the event has been supported by businesses in and around Abingdon who have generously provided gifts for the raffle.
– Six bottles of wine from Parasol Chinese Restaurant in the Market Place
– Two pizzas from the Crown and Thistle Pub on Bridge Street
– Souvenir dress-making scissors from Masons on Bath Street
– Two £5 vouchers from Timpson’s on Bury Street
– Two tote bags from R&R cafe in the Market Place
– Two hair and beauty vouchers from The Look on the High Street
– A main meal for two people with a glass of wine from the Kings Head and Bell on East St Helen’s Street
– A science kit from Clockwork Dragon on Bath Street
– Three meals from Ask Pizza on The Square
– A bottle of prosecco and a box of mince pies from Waitrose
– Biscuits and wine provided by the Spar at Didcot Parkway station
John Kilday from the Coventry Building Society has been a tremendous help in gathering most of these gifts for the raffle from local businesses. In addition to arranging these gifts, the Coventry Building Society has donated two tins of biscuits and a chocolate orange.
The venue and refreshments have been provided for free by the Hilton Garden Inn at Marcham Road and music is going to be provided for free by Abingdon Band and Caleb Pell. The town council has also been supported by a generous donation from Christ’s Hospital.
Abingdon Town Council would like to thank everyone who has contributed so generously, in particular Mr Kilday, who has given so much of his time to support this event.