Primary menu

In the late seventeenth century, many properties in this area were owned by Benjamin Tomkins, a wealthy Baptist. Some time after 1705, what is now 35 Ock Street was occupied by the Reverend William Fuller, the Baptist minister. In his will of 1732, Tomkins left the house to the Baptist community as a permanent home for their ministers. Its neighbour to the east would be rented out to provide for their maintenance.

Pages

Subscribe to Abingdon-on-Thames RSS
Back to Top