Long term improvement in the local environments through planning, floral display and high levels of cleanliness.
To boost the local economy through increased tourism.
Encourage wildlife gardening.
The competition is for residents’ of the town and for domestic dwellings only, and includes flower, vegetable and herb gardens.
The categories are:
- Best complete garden – including back and front garden where applicable.
- Best use of a small space – courtyard, porch, balcony.
- Best floral displays using baskets or containers.
- Best single basket or container.
- Best wildlife garden.
- Nominate a garden – the residents are asked to nominate a garden for a special garden award.
The judging normally takes place every July and application forms can be [downloaded] or from Abingdon Visitor & Community Information Centre in the Town Council Offices, Old Abbey House, Abbey Close. Call 01235 522642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org