Both Fun and Music in the Park take place in the Abbey Grounds and for everyone’s safety Abbey Close will be closed to traffic all day. The Abbey Close car park (immediately adjacent to the Abbey Grounds) will also be closed.
Fun in the Park
This event starts at 10.30am and ends at 3.30 pm.
Wild west Bouncy Castle
Arts and Crafts
Music and Dance
A variety of local community stalls
Food and drink refreshments
Music in the Park
This event starts at 5pm. Gates will open before then (but not before 4.30pm). Please put your wristbands on before reaching the gate as this will assist in your smooth entry to the event. For the further information and terms and conditions please see the detailed section at the end of this page. These have been issued to all those purchasing wristbands.
The bands playing this year are:
Oxfordshire Youth Big Band
Abingdon Town Band
The event finishes at 10pm with fireworks.
Entrance is strictly by wristband only. These are now sold out and so are not available on the day of the event.
However if you have pre-ordered wristbands but have yet to collect them, these are available at the Town Council control tent during Fun in the Park (open until 3.30pm) or at the Abbey Car Park gate when the gates open for Music in the Park . Gates will open between 4.30 and 5pm. You should bring with you your online order number.
Abingdon-on-Thames Town Council: Music in the Park – 2nd June 2018
Terms and Conditions to accompany the sale of wristbands.
- Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds or replace, free of charge, lost wristbands.
2. You may be asked for age identification when purchasing wristbands.
3. Security personnel will in attendance and may ask to check your belongings when you enter the grounds.
4. Bar and refreshment facilities will be available. No persons under the age of 18 years old will be served alcohol. Age identification may be requested.
5. You may bring your own alcohol as part of a picnic but only in limited quantities; you may be checked by the security personnel and if it is found that you have a large quantity of alcohol, you will either be refused admission or the alcohol will be disposed off. If you do bring alcohol or soft drinks onto the site then please make sure that there are no glass bottles or glass containers.
6. Please take all your own rubbish home and do not dispose of on or near the site.
7. No animals will be allowed to enter the grounds during the event except guide dogs/ hearing assistance dogs.
8. Gazebos are allowed but only in the limited allocated area; once this space has been filled then there will be no other areas available for gazebos.
9. For reasons of public safety, there will be no vehicular access to Abbey Close between 8am and midnight on Saturday 2nd June 2018 and the Abbey Close Car Park will be closed all day. Access to Abbey Close will only be allowed to Abbey Close residents and services, and access to both Abbey Close and Abbey Close Car Park will be for event participants.
10. There will be zero tolerance to anti-social behaviour. Anyone displaying anti-social behaviour will be asked to leave the Abbey Grounds.
11. Glass containers/bottles, sharp objects and other dangerous objects will not be allowed in the Abbey Grounds. Barbeques will not be allowed in the Abbey Grounds.
12. Children under the age of 14 years cannot purchase wristbands unless they are accompanied by an adult. There are free wristbands for children under 5 which must be obtained at the same time as adult wristbands are purchased so that we have a clear idea of numbers. Adults are required to supervise the children in their party at all times during the event and no responsibility will be taken by the council for children who are not adequately supervised. Adults should be aware that there is deep water in close proximity to the venue.
Music in the Park takes place from 5pm to 10pm. For security reasons, there will be no entry or re-entry to Music in the Park after 9pm.
If you are also coming to Fun in the Park this will take place from 10:30am to 3:30pm.
During Ticket sales we collect personal data including your Name and Email Address or Telephone number. This will only be used if we need to let you know of any amends to the Event and will only be shared with Abingdon-on-Thames Town Council and Flame Concepts who supply our booking software.
Thank you for complying with these conditions- we do hope you enjoy the evening.