Plan your visit
Click here to download our latest What's On brochure
The museum is currently open
Tuesday – Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays 10:00 - 16:00
The museum roof will be open from March – November every day the museum is open, but will be closed during periods of rain, high winds or other adverse weather conditions.
Free Admission to the museum
Entry to the museum galleries is free. Roof tickets are priced £2 Adults, £1 Children (6-16 years), £1 English Heritage Members. We regret that children under the age of 6 cannot go onto the roof for safety reasons.
We welcome your donations to help support the museum.
Abingdon County Hall Museum recognises the physical access difficulties inherent in the 17th century County Hall building which has over 100 steps from ground level to the roof terrace. Until all floors of the Museum can be made more accessible the following facilities are available:
- Wheelchair lift accessible from pavement level is situated between the County Hall Museum and Punchbowl Pub
- This lift serves both the raised pavement under the Arcade and the Basement
In the Basement there is access to:
- Museum Café
- Toilets, accessible toilet and baby changing facilities
- Kempster Room – the venue for schools’ workshops and family activity sessions
- Display of the 1907 Crossley engines and water pump
- On-line access to a selection of items from the museum collections through the eHive catalogue. To access this catalogue now Click here
This website aims to comply with all appropriate DDA recommendations.
For more information please see our Accessibility Guide.
By Car – exit the A34 at the Abingdon South/Marcham turnoff, Exit towards Fairacres Park and continue onto Ock Street, which will lead you into the town centre. Parking is available at West St. Helen Street, Abbey Close and the Cattle Market carparks, which offer 2 hours free parking.
By Bus – from Oxford: the X3, X13, City13, City5 and City23 buses offer a direct service to and from Oxford. Please click here for timetables. From Wantage and Didcot, 32/X32.
By Train – Radley Station is available as a link service from Didcot Parkway, Oxford, Reading and Pangbourne stations. From Radley, the City35 bus offers a direct service to Abingdon Town Centre.
By Boat - Salters boat trips from Oxford.
(link to google maps)
There is plenty to see and do for families at Abingdon Museum. Please see our family activities programme for guidance.