https://www.abingdon.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/gis_.png 702 495 abingdon_admin https://www.abingdon.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/abingdon-on-thames-town-council-logo.png abingdon_admin2020-11-12 12:46:062021-03-18 20:17:05Guideposts Information Service (GIS)
Guideposts Information Service (GIS)
The Guideposts Information Service (GIS) is a free information and signposting service, aiming to help people feel more supported, less isolated, and in better control of their own health and wellbeing.
The service is ideal for:
- Carers who are experiencing more pressure at the moment and lacking their usual sources of support
- People who are vulnerable and have been isolating for much of the year
- People who are experiencing particular stress and anxiety due to the pandemic
The GIS is supporting people to manage the current situation by:
- Offering a chance to talk to someone
- Finding techniques for coping with uncertainty, anxiety and low mood
- Exploring opportunities for socialising and peer support online, or local in-person groups where possible
- Talking through decisions about how to access further support including health and social care
- Signposting to sources of financial and employment support.
People can access the service by calling 0800 048 7035. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm, and calls to this number are free. Alternatively, we offer support by email at GIS@guideposts.org.uk, or via webchat at www.guideposts.org.uk/information-service.
You can also make a referral to the service through our online form https://guideposts.org.uk/information-service/make-a-referral/