Since the national lockdown on 23rd March 2020 the Monday Charter Market has been a food market only with strict social distancing in place. The regulations in relation to Covid-19 have now changed to enable open air markets to operate with their usual range of stalls but this is subject to the operation of the market being “Covid-19 safe.” At present we are unable to accommodate all the stalls which we could previously whilst operating the market within the guidelines in relation to social distancing, but we are working to try and accommodate more traders in due course.
However we are pleased to announce that on Monday we are able to welecome back the plant/ nursery stall alongside the food stalls. The plant/ nursery stall is coming back now on the basis that the items being sold were allowed in garden centres some two weeks ago, ahead of other “non-essential retail” and that much of goods are of a seasonal nature.
Please note that all the above is subject to government regulations and may change at short notice.
If we can accommodate more traders at future markets then this will also be subject to complying with the requirements regarding social distancing and certain stalls may be on a different pitch than before.
You must not attend the market if you should be self-isolating because
- you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- you’re waiting for a coronavirus test result
- you’ve tested positive for coronavirus – this means you have coronavirus
- you live with someone who has symptoms, is waiting for a test result or has tested positive
- you’re told by NHS Test and Trace that you’ve been in contact with a person with coronavirus.
If you are coming to the market please:
- shop on your own if possible – do not bring the whole family
- adhere to any instructions from the market stewards or stall holders
- respect at all times the 2 metres (6 feet) social distancing and the queueing markers on the pavement/ cobbles
- adhere by the advice regarding not touching your face, bring your hand gel to keep you hands clean and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds when you return home.