The Choose Abingdon Partnership builds on Abingdon’s existing strengths and history to support and improve the economic, social and cultural vitality of the town for all its businesses, residents and visitors, and specifically to:
- Envision, plan and act as a catalyst for positive change.
- Bring together and coordinate those activities of various organisations and businesses concerned with the town’s future.
- Influence and engage with the visions, strategic plan and actions of various local authorities and other external projects.
- Communicate the aspirations of the town.
- Initiate and implement its own projects
Choose Abingdon activities are controlled by a board led by our Chairman, Bryan Brown. We hold regular board meetings which bring together councils, business and community representatives. We combine flexible and responsive action based on current situations and events with a long term strategic approach which is based on our most recent strategy document. Our work is mainly carried out by our Partnership Manager, active board members and the help of a network of volunteers and engaged businesses.
Our constitution clarifies how we conduct our business and our strategy, published in November 2011, showed how we would tackle priorities in the subsequent three years.